I am new to Linux. About 3 weeks ago I installed Debian Testing Netinst and everything went perfectly until the other day I rebooted the machine and to my surprise the GUI did not load right after entering login details. I can only move the mouse and see the background screen. I can also open consoles using CTRL + ALT + F1, etc.
- The graphical environment is KDE
- I had not made any aptitude upgrade during the three weeks
- The last apps I installed were Knotes and Kcalc
- I've tried reinstalling the NVIDIA drivers but still gives the same problem
- I've also done aptitude update and aptitude upgrade several times without solving the problem
I would appreciate any help or what log files I can check.